Experience You Can Trust

Faversham: 01795 590341

London: 020 865 33269

Our Service for Home Owners

Couple and developer looking at plans

If you have recently made an insurance claim and your insurance company have ask you to get estimates from local building companies we will be pleased to provide you with a quotation.

We provide free estimates to carry out insurance repairs and restoration work for both domestic and commercial properties. We are expert in the correct repair of buildings and fixtures damaged by fire, flood, water leaks, subsidence, storm or accidental damage.

We have worked with most major insurance companies in the UK and therefore have extensive knowledge and expertise of the process involved. We have skilled site management and expert tradesmen who will deliver excellent workmanship and keep you fully informed as we restore your property to its original condition.

To discuss your claim please telephone 01227 713720 or click here to email us.

Policy Holder - FAQ

Q: Do I have to use the Insurance company's own repair contractors?

A: NO this is a myth, if you favour using your own contractors then tell your insurance company of your intentions, they will probably request that you get two quotes. You have a legal right to use your own contractor. Cutting Edge are experienced specialist insurance repair contractors and we are happy to give you a free quotation.

Q: My Insurance Company has appointed a loss adjuster to my claim, what does this mean to me?

A: This will mean the cost of repair has exceeded or is likely to exceed a set figure. The insurance company’s loss adjuster will want to visit your home and ascertain the claim validity, and set out a scope of works with us. We will attend the meeting to discuss the building works planned and ensure your property will receive its full entitlement for reinstatement to pre loss condition. In the event of a dispute over the scope and extent of works, we will engage the services of professional surveyors, structural engineers and architects who are experienced in the insurance repair field.

Q: At what stage of my claim should I instruct Cutting Edge?

A: Ideally at the commencement of your claim which is precisely the time when your insurers will instruct a Loss Adjuster to act on their behalf and look after the insurers interests.

Q: What will you charge me?

A: We work on handling the claim for free and the insurance company will pay us direct for the building works.

Q: How long will my claim take to settle?

A: Each claim is different and no one is able to give you a specific time-frame. The majority of claims are settled within a few weeks, but the more complicated claims can take longer.

Q: What if I need the services of an Architect or a Surveyor?

A: We like to work with firms experienced in insurance claims and we'll be delighted to suggest these experts or the Loss Adjuster may suggest their own Surveyors. Whether the Surveyors are chosen by the Loss Adjusters or by you, their fees are paid by your Insurers.

Q: If I decided to have additional work building work done unrelated to the insurance claim, would you be able to do that at the same time?

A: This is often the case as many people feel that while they have a degree of disruption they may as well have other work carried out. In these situations we provide you with an estimate of the cost of the uninsured work. If you decided to go ahead with the additional work we would ask you to sign an appointment and mandate form so that we could go ahead with the work. You would pay for this work yourself.

Q: What areas do you cover?

A: We can cover claims in London, Kent, Sussex, Surrey and Essex.

Website design and development by kent web designers mtstudios